December 25, 2010

Christmas memories 2010

I'm so thankful that Trever's family lives in Wenatchee (hear me out Shiela!)... although I wish we were able to see them more often, it's so nice to have a change of scenery when we go visit. The kids know that we have to go "over the mountains, over the mountains again, and then over the river" to get to Nana and Papa's house. And after all of that terrain we get to enjoy snow in the winter and sunny weather in the summer.

"Santa, I Believe!" This is a great stage of life. For the kids, to be excited and genuinely believe in the mystery. For us, to witness the purity, the simple joys. I really had no idea what gifts would come into my life as a Mommy. I'm so thankful that God intrusted us to raise these beautiful children.


And visits to Wenatchee mean quality time with the cousins.
Because you have to sleep in the new tent when it's set up in your bedroom!

The best Christmas gift... my brother finding love and bringing Amy into our family.
Nathan has a wooden train set, we have a Firefighter train for around the tree, my dad has an LGB train set for his tree. Nathan REALLY wanted this veggie train for Christmas, so Santa obliged. Then we watched the Polar Express movie.... and now Nathan REALLY wants the Polar Express train. He plays with all of them. An expression quickly comes to mind: How many motorcycles does a man need? Just one more. (I can hear the chuckle from Trever and Mike)

My 1950's daughter, working in the kitchen with her pearls on.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: