September 27, 2009

Birthday getaway

I have to take a moment to thank Trever for having a birthday (well, thank his parents actually). We used the occasion as motivation to get away for a night. My parents took the kids for a night and we went to the Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal. We stayed there two years ago and I've dreamt of going back ever since. It was just as wonderful the second time around!!

We talked of creating a family tradition of bringing the kids there in the summer, then staying an extra night without them. We also talked about making the outing a birthday tradition. Whenever it may be, I know we'll be back.

We miss the kids, but love our time together. We figure its our gift to them... that we continue to enjoy our time together. We have such a wonderful marriage, I feel blessed every day to have Trever as my partner.

No comments: