November 12, 2008

Joys of motherhood...

So, today is one of those days where I have too many things on my to-do list... and one really wonderful helper. I need to print a very important document and take it to our engineer. Nathan loves when we print... so he is right by my side. Unfortunately he keeps wanting to open the printer and watch it work (he loves to learn how things operate). He's also helping to "feed" the printer with a stack of credit cards. It took me the longest time to figure out what paper jam the printer was referring to, I had removed all of the paper already. Finally I started taking the printer apart, only to find two credit cards cozy in the back of it. We got to have a little talk about not touching the printer, now he stands there waiting for the page to be done and then grabs it to hand to me. In the same moment of our day Nathan saw the edge of my memory card sticking out of the computer... that looks like fun. With the quickest gesture it went down into the front of the computer... at some point I'll figure out how to dismantle the case and get it out. Nathan so rarely causes trouble... is the moon in a funny spot today?
To balance out the morning he is also showing his sweet side. I sneezed and he quickly said "bless your heart"... something he learned from his Daddy. And then he came up out of the blue, gave me a hug and said "you're mommy's darling". I love this kid!

No comments: