July 15, 2009

A great day at Lakefair

We had such a nice family day at Lakefair. Nathan is big enough to go on all the kiddie rides. Unfortunately Natalie isn't. She tried so hard to get herself onto a ride, and we really wished that she could have gone on a ride with Nathan. She may be little but she's definitely capable. I'm not even sure she'll be big enough next year, we'll have to invest in some platform shoes ;)



Nathan was excited when he discovered he could fly the spaceship, making it go up and down.


Our brave little boy on the roller coaster. It's so rickety that I think it would have made me uncomfortable, but I still wish that I could have ridden with him. Last year he enjoyed this (much to our surprise) this year I think it made him a bit nervous, in that curious yet fun way. That moment of watching your little boy go off by himself and climb into the rollercoaster is bittersweet. Is he really growing up already? I know it's a bit silly, but it really felt like a glimpse into the future. Yep, I'll be the mom crying as I leave him at school that first day.

Driving a dump truck. He loves the big machinery when it's at the house, it was fun for him to get a chance to drive some.

Gagi and Natalie. Although she didn't get to go on a ride, she did get lots of cuddle time from Gagi, Daddy and Mommy.

What a fun, sunshine filled day!

No comments: